|1886||Railway line opened making possible close settlement in this area.|
|1921||Land bought for the site of the church on corner of Queen and Stuart Streets. Adjoining land subsequently bought for school site at a cost of ₤590 ($1180).|
|1922||Census of Catholics taken. 38 families living within present Parish Boundaries.|
|1923||Archbishop Michael Kelly blessed the foundation stone for the church. Prior to the building of the Church, |
Mass was celebrated in private homes.
|1924||Archbishop Kelly opened the Church. Debt to the National Bank ₤3,578-18-10. Classes began in the Church. Sister Thaddeus in charge. The Sisters of Charity were resident at St. Mary’s, Concord and for 13 years traveled daily to Concord West.|
|1925||Move to separate from St. Mary’s Parish defeated in local ballot of Catholic residents. The collection the previous Sunday was ₤1-10-0 ($3.00).|
|1929||St Ambrose Parish separated from St. Mary’s. Father John O’Reilly as Parish Priest. Sr. Blandina in charge of school. Difficult times ahead. Onset of the Great Depression.|
|1930||A cottage in Stuart St. opposite the school was bought and served as a Presbytery until the building of the present Church and Parish House.|
|1931||Father (later Monsignor) Leslie Carroll appointed as Parish Priest. He served the Parish until his death thirty-eight years later. He was the inspiration and motivating force behind the present Church and Presbytery.|
|1937||Cottage in Mackenzie Street bought for use as a Convent.|
|1949||Construction of a school building began.|
|1965||Foundation stone of the new Church laid on 4th April 1965 by Monsignor Carroll.|
|1970||Father Patrick Frost appointed as Parish Priest. Parents and Friends’ Association established. First Parish Council appointed during Fr. Frost’s incumbency.|
|1977||Extensions to the school were made.|
|1978||The last Sisters of Charity leave the school.|
|1979||Father Kevin McGovern appointed as Parish Priest.|
|1984||Father Kerry Bayada appointed as Administrator. Ministry of Acolytes instituted.|
|1985||Father Brian Gallwey appointed as Parish Priest. Antioch group for young parishioners established.|
|1995||Father David Vaughan appointed as Parish Priest.|
Presbytery converted for greater community use. R.C.I.A. group started.
|2000||Major School refurbishment undertaken.|
Old Confessionals in the Church converted to Chapels dedicating Mary MacKillop and Sts Anthony and Lucy.
|2008||Father Brian Egan appointed Parish Priest.|